Thursday, February 18, 2010

All Hail Z!


I know it's just business, nothing personal. I know he'll be coming back shortly. I know the Cavs are better with Antawn Jamison. But still I'm sad the Cleveland Cavaliers traded away Z, Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

For a couple years now I've placed Z at the top of my list of all-time favorite Cleveland athletes. Not that I know any of them personally, but through forty years of being a diehard Cleveland sports fan, I can think of no classier act than Z. What he's gone through physically and emotionally over the years would have sidelined most others. But he's still here (sort of, for now). He's tough and good. He's a great teammate. He's just about the funniest athlete around. What isn't there to love about the man?

I sure hope the first home game he's back, in about a month, the Cavs roll out the red carpet and pull out all the stops for a "Welcome Home Z" night. When he gets into the game, I hope there's a long and loud standing O that stops the game. We put up with all the bums, so let's raise the roof for a real king.

We miss you already, Z. Hurry home and claim that championship you deserve most of all.

Johnny Cash-The Man Comes Around

No comments:

Post a Comment