Monday, August 31, 2009

A Jar Upon A Hill In Tennessee


So three days into blogging and not much response, which is what I figured. No problem, yet. The wilderness will surround eventually. Yesterday I read somewhere that the people representing the late great songwriting team of Felice and Boudleaux Bryant (is there a greater first name in all of musical history than Boudleaux?) were suing somebody for using one of their hit songs --"Rocky Top"--in some TV show or movie. So in the interest of any publicity is good publicity, I'm posting a version of "Rocky Top" by the wonderful 80s-90s-(00s?) trio from Columbus, Ohio: Scrawl. My nascent trawling through the blogosphere tells me they're a much overlooked band. I saw them a few times years ago here in Cleveland. Had a crush on Sue Harshe the bass player and was in awe of Marcy Mays, guitarist, singer-songwriter. Where have you gone, girls?

Scrawl-Rocky Top

1 comment:

  1. I saw them live years ago and met one of them through a friend somewhere in Ohio years ago. They were a good band, and I remember the band member I met being nice.

    ReplyDelete