Sunday, July 3, 2011

Tom, Tom, Philip, And Now...Syd?


When I was a teenager and caddying, people always said I looked like golfer Tom Watson, pictured above around the time I was his lookalike.

Then, probably my mid-life crisis stage, some people thought I looked like Tom Arnold, whose claim to fame is that he was once married to Roseanne Barr.



The last few years I get the you look like that actor guy, you know...A few people actually know his name, Philip Seymour Hoffman.



Well, less than an hour ago some guy I've never seen in my life calls out across the way, "Syd! (I'm kinda thinking/hoping it's Syd and not Sid, for reasons I can't explain) How ya doin'?" The guy then starts walking toward me all smiles. "No Syd here," I put my arms up in friendly denial. "My gosh, you look just like my friend Syd." Lucky guy. Syd, that is.

I wonder if Syd has ever had to live with the burden of resembling, in some people's eyes, Tom Arnold.

Oh well, that's it. Today at noon, I believe, was the half-way point of the year. Since I believe I worked both New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, as well as yesterday and today (and tomorrow, July 4th), I'm calling it quits right here. Happy Fourth and Half-Year, Syd, you handsome devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment