Friday, September 11, 2009

More Absurdity: 9/11


Yesterday I wrote about nonsense absurdity in life. Today's absurdity is much more complex. Without going into all the difficult details, on September 11, 2001, amid all the horror of that day, I experienced undoubtedly the most emotionally happy moment of my life, when I learned that someone I knew, who was in the World Trade Center when the planes hit, was safe.

It was so strange to be so elated, giddy really, while so much tragedy was occurring. I certainly can't feel guilty about my reaction, but when I think about the day I'm always struck by how gnarled life and life's experiences can be. Absurdity to the nth degree.

So it goes, I guess. My prayers for all those who lost loved ones that day.

Aimee Mann and Michael Penn-Reason To Believe

Bob Dylan-Where Are You Tonight (Journey Through Dark Heat)

No comments:

Post a Comment