Monday, May 17, 2010

It's Really Quite Easy

  • apples are usually red or yellow; oranges are orange
  • apple skin tastes good; orange skin not so
  • apples always have seeds, I believe; oranges not always
  • apples allegedly keep doctors away; oranges seem to have little effect on them
  • apples taste good covered with caramel on a stick; oranges not so
  • apple juice is good; orange juice, freshly squeezed, without concentrate, drunk straight from the carton, is tied with Guinness as the best drink ever, right behind cold water
  • the guy who played the apple in the Fruit of the Loom commercials was not as good of an actor as the guy who played the orange
  • there is no comparison between the apple's effect on culture and the orange's: apple kicks orange's ass
  • they don't seem to make an orange pie, but then again, I've never seen apple sherbet
  • an apple is always satisfying; eating an orange can be transcendent
  • apples are whole; oranges are naturally segmented
  • Johnny Appleseed; Lawson's Big O ("one man sleeps while the other man drives...")
  • apples can be cooked up in a variety of ways; you either squeeze an orange or just eat it
  • I've eaten more apples in my life, but made to choose, I'd rather live in a world without apples than one without oranges
  • the word apple can be rhymed, rather cheaply; the word orange cannot

3 comments:

  1. Apples can be made into cider and applejack, oranges into tequila sunrises and screwdrivers. Which hangover would you rather have?
    Apples are grown in Ohio, oranges are not. Fresh apple pie can be had (in season) from Beckwith's Orchard near Kent, Ohio. There is no orange equivalent that I'm aware of.
    Oranges prevent scurvy and apples do not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am indifferent to the band Apples in Stereo; I quite like the band Orange Juice.

    Also, Apple makes computers and Orange makes amplifiers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orange amplifiers of the 70's were reputed to catch on fire for no apparent reason. Apple laptops may occasionally overheat. I once burned my mouth on an apple turnover from McDonalds.

    Orange is a color and a fruit. Apple is a record label and a fruit. Macintosh got sued by Apple.
    I didn't sue McDonalds, but maybe I should have.

    No one said "orange of my eye." "Apple of my eye" is archaic, and sounds pretty damn stupid anyway.

    ReplyDelete