Friday, February 11, 2011

I Claim Egypt As My New Home Team


As I write this the Cleveland Cavaliers of the NBA are on their way to losing their 27th consecutive game, which I believe would set the record for most consecutive losses by any team in any major professional sport (the Cavs had lost 10 straight before winning one then embarking on their current skein--that's a 1-36 mark since November 30th). When you take into account that the Cleveland Browns lost the last four games of their NFL season, the numbers look like this: since December 12, 2010, two months ago, Cleveland sports teams are a combined 1-32, the lone victory being the Cavs' OT win on December 18th (December 18th, a long time ago; I believe Hosni Mubarak was at a solid Number 5 on the UN-CNN-Generalissimos' Top 25 Dictators Poll back on December 18th, that's how long ago it was). I am not a fair weather fan, but we haven't had fair weather in this town since before all this losing started, so like a rat who knows how to doggy paddle, I am temporarily (the Indians begin play in less than two months; they play a 162-game schedule; odds are they'll win at least a couple) jumping ship, all the way across the ocean to Egypt, which has a pretty good one game winning streak going. Go Egypt Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment