Tuesday, March 9, 2010

One Picture = Priceless


Lord knows I don't ask much from the media. But I want this: a picture of these two icons, Bob Dylan and Muhammad Ali, today. Call Ken Regan, the photographer who took this shot back in 1975, and get him to get Bob and Muhammad together for another picture. Nobody's getting any younger, and these two are each pushing 70. Their faces, long past their pretty prime, are still works of art, and they need to be documented. Are there two more powerful, symbolic, mythical figures of a world--the 1960s--that still fascinates us and yet is quickly receding to memory and history than Dylan and Ali? Although I graciously offer my services to tag along and interview them, or better, simply hold the tape recorder as the two of them talk, somehow I feel that with Bob's legendary reticence and Muhammad's tragic loss of his verbal prowess, there wouldn't be much conversation, at least not much that these two would want to share with the public. But that's fine with me. I just want a classic, close-up photo of these two giants, in their older age. Something to study for years to come. Somebody get that picture now.

No comments:

Post a Comment