Saturday, March 27, 2010

Self-Promotion 4.20.10


Despite the vehement protests of the Tea Party set, grumblings from the DAR, warnings from the CIA, and chilly quiverings from the UFC, the intrepid folks at the Shaker Heights Public Library have invited me to read poetry at 7 p.m. on the auspicious date of Tuesday, April 20, 2010, along with my good friend Joe Toner and a guy named Max Stark (along with his son), who I vaguely remember from when Joe and I started reading poetry nearly twenty years ago. Go here and scroll down to 4/20 for the details.

While I realize that reading my verbiage via digital media is a pleasure ancient Romans would have killed for, I can humbly say that seeing and hearing me live is truly priceless (btw, Ticketmaster is handling the ticket sales, though I'm sure if you show up at the Bertram Woods branch [map below] at 7 the night of the reading, the nice people there will let you in gratis). I am sure the night will be filled with guffaws, knee-slaps, choked back tears, wonder, amazement, obfuscation, titillation, profundity, borderline plagiarism, recognition of self in at least one of many extended metaphors, dizzying revisitations of childhood, a hailed taxi, and paeans to high cholesterol foodstuffs. And that will be just my introductory remarks.

Hope to see you there.


View Larger Map

1 comment:

  1. OK, Dan, I will try to get there. But if I find myself at Dunsinane Hill, I will wait for Bertram Woods to come to me.

    ReplyDelete