Sunday, February 26, 2012

To Frank


My oldest friend and part-time, freelance muse, Frank called me the other day to suggest I write a post about the five people I would most like to go drinking with. If a time capsule is involved, I guess drinking with The Faces, circa 1973, would be as good as it could get. Got me thinking about all the other great pastimes and the various people I'd want to pass the time with doing all those things.
  • Having a water balloon fight with--Mama Cass
  • Going to an amusement park and watching people with--Mark Twain
  • Riding a roller coaster at the amusement park with--Huck Finn
  • Building a snow man with--Tesla
  • Skipping stones across a pond and never saying a word with--Bob Dylan
  • Throwing grapes in the air for the other to catch with--Lily Tomlin
  • Having a cup of tea with--Charlie Watts
  • Getting stuck in a long line at the discount drug mart with--George Carlin
  • Walking quietly through an art museum with--Aretha Franklin
  • Playing croquet with--Emily Dickinson
  • Running up a down escalator with--Groucho Marx
  • Playing Scrabble with--James Joyce
  • Making prank phone calls with--Richard Nixon
  • Running a three-legged race with--Ahab, naturally
  • But having a drink with? Hmm, it's been too long--Frank 

No comments:

Post a Comment