Thursday, October 22, 2009

Meta-Post




Yes, that is yours truly, diligently working on another charming post for you all. Unfortunately, tonight I've been waiting on inspiration, post-haste. I even tried typing one of my favorite obscure words into Google Images, trying to find some sort of spark, and all I found was somebody who mentioned the word in his post three weeks ago. It's tough out there, folks.

I've actually never met a post I didn't like (except for Emily--no, not you, Emily; Emily Post, get it?). I like post patterns in football, post time at the Kentucky Derby, post-prandial ambles, post offices, the Allman Brothers' "Whippin' Post," an assortment of Post cereals, LeBron James when he posts up an opponent, and especially post-game press conferences with Charlie Manuel.

All this to say this is hard work, and tonight the work ain't working. Listen to Dan Reeder's "Work Song," the ultimate work song for workers who don't feel like working. Never mind the repeated use of the big obscenity--it's intrinsic to the whole song. Tomorrow will be a better day, because it isn't today. Cheers.

Dan Reeder-Work Song

Dion=Work Song

No comments:

Post a Comment