Tuesday, January 26, 2010

State of the State of the Bunion



With Ohio Governor Ted Strickland giving his State of the State address today (in which he made a strong case that the history of the world cannot be written without Ohio; true, look it up somewhere) and President Obama giving his State of the Union speech tomorrow, I thought it would be appropriate to offer my own state of report today.

The state of the state of my bunion (hallux abducto valgus) is quite good today, what with the colder weather, a good pair of socks, and no recent stubbing. If the snow continues to fall, though, I might be forced to change from my comfortable slip-on shoes to sturdier lace-up boots, which don't seem to offer as much toe room as my other footwear. Ergo (or err toe) we could be in for a sorrier state of my bunion if the current trend of snow continues unabated. I will keep you posted and continue to do my best to serve my bunion. May God bless America and all its toes.

Kristin Hersh-Aching For You

No comments:

Post a Comment