Friday, November 20, 2009

Everyone's A Critic; Mom Is Always Right


You can take the teacher out of the classroom, but you never take all of the classroom out of the teacher. My mother, a retired teacher after decades in front of the blackboard, recently commented on one of my postings. She liked it (phew!) but she noticed a couple of typos/misspellings. Cocky me, I thought for sure she had misread, but I checked anyway. Oops. She was right. The posts (yes, they were multiple) have now been corrected.

On a similar note, I always remember a song my mother spoke about when I was a wee lad. She claimed there was a song that went something like this:

She's got freckles on her but
She's nice...

Not that I didn't believe her, but I just assumed it was some playground thing that was popular back when she was a girl. Well, I stand corrected. While snooping around Uncle Gil's Rockin' Archives, a wonderful site to find some great old tunes, what should I find but "The Freckle Song" by one of the Hanks, Hank Penny to be precise. And it sounds just the way my mother described it. Good God she's smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment